I have Put this Page up for the Seniour Citizens Talk I have booked in for
Tuesday 11th April 2017
- Security – USB Drives Can Contain Malware / Virus’s these Nasties can run automatically just by plugging into your Computer, If You Find a USB Drive out on the street do not plug it into your computer if you have information on your computer you do not wish to Lose, Data that you want compromised. Link to an Example http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37431335
- USB Drives can Fail – Ensure you have the Data that is on your USB Drives saved on another location ( EG Computer / External Hard Drive / Other USB Drives / Disks ) http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/hard-drives-ssds-flash-drives-how-long-will-your-storage-media-last/
- Correct Use – You Should always eject your USB Drive the Correct way. Do not unplug while in use as it can render the drive Corrupt. Bottom right find the eject USB Icon and click – wait for the It is safe to eject the USB Drive.
- USB Drives can come in many Forms / Shapes Sizes / Colors.
- USB Drives come in different speeds. USB 3.0 is much faster than USB 2.0, but the standard must be supported by both the USB port and the drive itself. If your flash drive is USB 3.0 but your computer’s port is USB 2.0, transfers will happen at USB 2.0 speeds. (Roughly speaking, USB 3.0 transmits data at 100 MB/s while USB 2.0 transmits at 15 MB/s.) http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/usb-flash-drive-guide-5-things-know-buying-one/
- More INFO https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_flash_drive
Other Options For Sharing Files